Thursday, March 24, 2011

NY School of the Deaf!!

Hello! So I have A LOT to say about my day the NY school of the Deaf. First of all, I have a FANTASTIC time. I didn't want to leave! I had so much fun. I observed a lot of classes. I watched a oral kindergarten lesson, an oral preschool lesson, a sign support preschool lesson, 1st/2nd grade class, a 6th/7th graders, I observed a sign plus class... which is a class for Deaf students with other additional disabilities (autism, down syndrome) and some of them are just behind on their language development because they were probably diagnosed with a hearing loss a little late. Then, I also got to meet and talk to some Deaf seniors in high school, and they were awesome!! They taught me a bunch of signs like "foxy mama" They asked Erin if there was any way I could go to prom this year!!! Erin wants to see if we can make that work, which I'm SO excited about. I also got to watch a Deaf gym class!! which was really interesting, and cool! A bunch of the seniors I met added me on facebook, so i'll be sure to keep in touch with them all! I can't wait to go back april 8th for the WISE conference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment