Monday, February 7, 2011

Lesson Plans

So far I've only had one lesson at the preschool.. I'm trying to keep my lesson plans focused on colors. My plan for my presentation at the moment is to have the Self Contained class at primrose come over and sign the song "I can see a rainbow" (lyrics seen below)

Red and yellow and pink and green;
Purple and orange and blue.

I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow too.
Listen with your eyes, listen with your eyes, and sing everything you see.
You can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing along with me.
Red and yellow and pink and green; purple and orange and blue.
Now, we can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow too.

My first lesson plan was I introduced what being Deaf means, and explained to them that we use sign language everyday like when we wave hello or goodbye, and when we count on our fingers. then I introduced the colors and show them the signs when holding up a picture of an object that color
(ie. yellow/a school bus)

For my next lesson I know I want to review what I taught them last time, but I'm wondering if I should start working on the song with them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment