Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Preschool lesson #2 success!! (it's a good day!)

Today was a good day for me! The preschool today was great! The kids were a lot more open to the idea of learning Sign. The girls more then the boys, but this time there were two boys hiding in the back of the room following along.

Today, I brought the movie "goodnight moon" which was a reading of the book with pictures and a translator signing along.

Before the movie even started, I taught the kids how to sign "Goodnight Moon" and once the movie started every time the narrator would say "goodnight moon" I had the kids sign it with the translator.
& the kids loved it !!

The second movie I played was "Gladys Goes out to Lunch" and I did a little experiment and didn't give the kids any introduction to the signs that were going to be used in that story, and the kids were hands down more interested in the first story, my guess is because they knew how to sign along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment